Friday, January 15, 2016

A Superb Review of Insanity By Increments


1      For me, author voice is almost everything, and it will make or break a book/story and my enjoyment of it. I need to hear originality and know that the author is not trying to sound or write like someone else, but is telling his story in a whole new way, whatever that story may be. I feel like I can smell a fake a mile away, and believe me I’ve read my fair share of books from authors who are ‘trying’ to emulate better, more accomplished authors. What impressed me the most here was that I thought that Alaric Cabiling’s writing style was authentic, genuine, and very well written, and imparted such moving, haunting tales in such a short amount of time…. 

     Normally it would take a novel of much longer length for me to feel the deep emotional impact I did while reading “Insanity by Increments”. Dark with an effortlessly beautiful narrative prose and memorable characters that stay with you, each story was different in their own way, but all very good. Recommend for fans of literary fiction and short stories. (5 stars) - BellaReadz, Reviewer, Indie Book Reviewers 

No comments:

Post a Comment